Having your wedding photographer(s) booked for the right amount of hours is crucial to a relaxed, enjoyable day and stunning wedding album. Below is a quick and easy way to calculate approximately how much coverage time you need. Your day is unique; we will use these guidelines as a base and consult with you multiple times throughout your planning process to help you build a custom timeline that meets all your wedding album needs.
Write down an estimate of how long your ceremony will last and an approximation of how much time will be spent traveling between locations. Add what you want your photographer(s) to capture with the corresponding times attached below:
- Rings, dress, shoes, and other pre-wedding details – 60 minutes
- Preparation & getting ready – 60 minutes
- Individual portraits (bride alone, groom alone) – 30 minutes each
- First look and/or couples session – 60 minutes
- Wedding party portraits – 60 minutes
- Immediate family portraits – 30 minutes
- Ceremony & venue details – 30 minutes
- Formals (extended family, immediate family, & important persons) – 30 minutes
- Reception & venue details – 30 minutes
- Reception – 120 minutes
- Couples sunset session – 30 minutes
Add all your times together and divide by 60. You now have an approximation of how many hours you will need to book your photographer(s)!